Friday, May 16, 2014

I Am Not Yours

                                                  I am not yours, not lost in you,
                                                  Not lost, although I long to be
                                                  Lost as a candle lit at noon,
                                                  Lost as a snowflake in the sea.

                                                 You love me, and I find you still
                                                 A spirit beautiful and bright,
                                                 Yet I am I, who long to be
                                                 Lost as a light is lost in light.

                                                Oh plunge me deep in love -- put out
                                                My senses, leave me deaf and blind,
                                                Swept by the tempest of your love,
                                                A taper in a rushing wind.
                                                                            by Sara Teasdale

No comments:

Post a Comment