Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Life is fine

                                                        I tried to think but couldn't,
                                                        So I jumped in and sank.

                                                        I came up once and hollered!
                                                        I came up twice and cried!
                                                        If that water hadn't a-been so cold
                                                        I might've sunk and died.

                                                        But it was Cold in that water! It was cold!

                                                        I took the elevator
                                                        Sixteen floors above the ground.
                                                        I thought about my baby
                                                        And thought I would jump down.

                                                        I stood there and I hollered!
                                                        I stood there and I cried!
                                                        If it hadn't a-been so high
                                                        I might've jumped and died.

                                                        But it was High up there! It was high!

                                                        So since I'm still here livin',
                                                        I guess I will live on.
                                                        I could've died for love--
                                                        But for livin' I was born

                                                        Though you may hear me holler,
                                                        And you may see me cry--
                                                        I'll be dogged, sweet baby,
                                                        If you gonna see me die.

                                                        Life is fine! Fine as wine! Life is fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment